Check if you need Visa
To visit, study, get married or work in the United Kingdom, you might need a visa.
The type of visa you’ll require is determined by who you’re marrying and whether or not you intend to stay in the UK afterward.
You can apply for one of the following positions to get married:
- If you’re not planning to live in the UK, you’ll need a Marriage Visitor visa. £95
- a visa for a fiancé £1,033 to £1,643 if you wish to live in the UK and marry a British citizen or settler
Obtain a family permit by filling out the application.
If you’re marrying someone from the following countries, you can apply for a family permit:
- a member of the European Union other than the United Kingdom
- Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, or Norway
Examine your luggage to see what you can bring.
- Make a list of what you’ll be able to bring.
- Determine what foods, animals, and plants you are permitted to bring into the United Kingdom.
Make sure you have everything you’ll need to cross the border into the United Kingdom.